Saturday, October 02, 2004

It's Cool To Conform

There are great advantages to living in Utah. One of them happens to be Utah is filled with smart, expressive, and very Republican people. I fancy myself as a conservative. I also fancy myself as a non-conformist. Rather I think it's cool to be perceived as a non-conformist. So while I'm a conservative; in Utah my friends and people in general are extremely conservative so I come off as being liberal. It's great, I can have values and political ideologies that are considered conformist, yet compared to the rest of the field here people think I'm a liberal. Who said you can't have you cake and eat it to.

1 comment:

Dan said...

The other good part about it is that you can freak people out who don't know you really well. They may think they know where you stand because they have heard one strong opinion and then BAM you come out on the completely other side of the issue.