Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There and Back Again a Big Hobbit's Tale

I've almost been back a week now from my vacation to Utah. I did the usual flurry of nothing really productive in the itemization kind of way. I did visit with friends and family. I think there is something to that. Hanging out with your loved ones is an activity that is productive. When somebody goes to the gym to maintain their health people usually think that is a productive activity. So I think hanging out with your loved ones is maintaining your emotional and social health, which is just as important as your physical health. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure there are studies that suggest that being emotionally and socially health leads to longer happier lives.

I can also see that I could have been socially active while not on holiday. So to better view what I actually did on vacation I made a list of things I normally wouldn't do unless on vacation back to Utah:

Hugged a lot of men
Lost twice at Iron Chef, once with onion, and once with orange
Seen people I haven't seen in over eight years
Slept in till noon or later
Play analog games (board games)
Watch eight hours of football every week
See the Utes win huge
Walk around in a shopping mall
Stay up till midnight so I would be awake for Christmas
Clean dog pee out of the carpet
Bought clothes (too include running shoes)

Well that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I sure I did more stuff that I normally don't do, but I'm getting old and my brain is failing.

3 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

You also sang some sweet songs at Erin's house. Don't forget that. You did awesome!

RealFruitBeverage said...

Yeah I was stoked when that song got unlocked. You rocked the house yourself. I do think Erin and Jared practice at home by themselves so they can impress the guests. Then again I'd probably do the same.

Dan said...

Hugging Men. Wierdo.