Thursday, October 30, 2008

HollyWood

So my work is sending me to Cali in about 24 hours or so. I'm not really stoked about it. I think this is the first of many blogs where I'm just typing stuff to type. Yep the first. I hate you blog, or was that ESPN? Oh maybe the people of Phillie can now be good sports fans.

I do like one development, several of my friends are the you shouldn't root against a MW conference team because you want the conference to be strong. So if Utah goes undefeated till they meet BYU and has a shot at a BCS Bowl game does that mean those BYU fans need to root for the Utes and take one for the team as it will not be the Blue's year? Just wondering.

2 comments:

Dan said...

No.

Here is the heirarchy of being smart fan, in a 'mid major' conference.

First, root for your team over everyone else.

Second, root for the team that has the best shot nationally against anyone but your team.

Third, root for teams in your conference over anyone else.

I would love to see Utah, TCU, and BYU all be great at the end. Unfortunately, Utah still has to play both TCU and BYU. I really don't think Utah can beat TCU. It would be better for the conference if they did, so I hope Utah can win that one, but I don't think they can.

Then on Nov. 22nd, screw everthing else, down with the Utes.

Mk said...

Cool. Come party it up with me!