Monday, March 24, 2008

I am Girl Hear me Roar

I got sick about four days ago. It got me real tired. Tired to the point where I just slept and said to heck with any kind of exercise. I finally got over it today and decided to go on a long run to get all the bugs out. I went to a fitness club that I am a member of and started running on the track. It was a good run for the most part. About an hour into it a new group entered the track. One of them was a girl that could not have been older than 11. She started running and it was apparent she was having a good time. She was zigg zagging, and a smile on her face and a spring in her step. Then I noticed she was slowing down drasticly. I was catching up to her pretty fast. When I got within about 10 meters she just darted off extending the distance zigg zagging and laughing, then she would slow down and wait till I got close again, then piff she was off again. I thought oh no there is no way an 11 year old girl is going to show me up on a track. So I picked up the pace. As she kept on darting ahead of me I realized I couldn't catch this girl no matter how much I tried. It was sort of demoralizing seeing this little girl out run me, laughing the whole time, while I couldn't stop thinking how much my feet were burning. Granted I was running for about an hour before her and I was coming off an illness, but still.

1 comment:

JElsie said...

That's the greatest story I've hear/read all week. 11 years old eh? Blame it on the Carls Jr stuff you scarffed and your dignity as a man may be spared. :)

Just kidding. Once read a poster that featured the fastest woman runner in the world and said, "The next time someone says you run like a girl, say thank you." And there were others like it with the about kicking and hitting featuring the top women's soccer player and women's boxer.

Pretty sweet.

Dude, you run like a girl. :)