Friday, November 23, 2007

Not Home Yet

I haven’t known what home really is in the past year and a half or so. I haven’t been able to place roots down. I think I’ve moved too much, spent too much time from my old home, and changed too much to call my old place home. People always say home is where the heart is. My heart is generally where all my loved ones are. But as this last year went by more and more of my loved ones have dispersed. My heart isn’t really anywhere, not that I’m a drifter. My heart has roots but just not in a place. I think I’ve taken one more step in finding my new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in."
--Robert Frost

Think about it. Even my kids know you're just another part of the family.

Anonymous said...

you will always have a home here. It is true, people are leaving, but someone is always here. Home is where your orange blanket is. Mom Simpson