Friday, June 19, 2009

The Sharp Truth

I’ve spent many a day eating what I want. Brothers and Sisters I have come to a revelation; sharp cheddar not mild. Many of the cheese fold that I have talked to profess a love of cheddar, but it is love of a false cheddar. This Swiss masquerading around as cheddar has stolen many of us astray. I will admit even I at one time was under its grip. Every time I passed by the sharp and extra sharp cheddar I turned a nose based upon the lies of the Mildites. Then one day in a moment of truth I tasted the sharp, and it was good. It was what cheddar was supposed to be. I realize the abomination that the Mildites were trying to pass off as cheddar.

Brothers and Sisters of the cheese loving world I say to you free yourself from the mild and go with the sharp and extra sharp. It is the true flavor, the one and only. If you want something mild go and eat something pansy like Swiss cheese. For the truth is sharp and it is also delicious.

3 comments:

JElsie said...

Amen. If it ain't sharp cheddar it ain't cheddar.

Tiffany said...

I am a little bit surprised you didn't figure this out sooner. B-)

RealFruitBeverage said...

I've held this view for a long time. I always tried not to be militant about food though as food has a lot of social impications. But, as I age so decreases my willingness to be polite about stuff that matters, and boy does sharp cheddar matters!