Monday, January 28, 2008

The Strongest Men

A very important man died today. I am sure the world will go on without him but it will be a less kind and friendly place now that he is gone. I can't state how important he was to me. Without him I wouldn't be the man that I am in all the good aspects. I don't know how to react to it. I know that I shouldn't be sad. I can't help but feel I would have liked to hear him talk one more time. He took care of me; I don't know if he knew it, he kept me from losing my humanity at times when it would have been easy and sometimes understood for me to throw it away for a moment. He reminded me that no matter how complex life gets the answers are always simple. That being a strong man in these times means that you are a soft human being. My life compared to his and what he would have expected of me would probably be a shortcoming. I can't but thank him though for letting me know where the bar was set and that it was that high.

4 comments:

JElsie said...

I was looking forward to him talking one more time too. God has His timeline, and sometimes it just doesn't line up with ours... He's always on time though.

Anonymous said...

the subject is plural becuase you're one of them, right?

Where've you been, Jimmy!?

Joy said...

Nice post.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Mark

I titled it in the plural because he was a lesson on manhood. Sort of like Mr. Rogers, who is a hero of mine. Being strong isn't a function of thuggery. Also he comes from a linage of strong men. I however am weak and to be strengthened