Monday, August 20, 2007

Cracker Power!

Boredom is one hell of a drug. I've been told when people smoke pot they have deep conversations that aren't really deep. These talks are sort of like the, do you think Bugs Bunny is hot conversation from Wayne's World. Right now I'm a force fed boredom addict. Remember when Rick James and his girlfriend kidnapped a woman, forced her to do heroin and crack? Take the heroin and crack, replace it with boredom, subtract one part Rick James and girlfriend and then add something definitely not as cool as Rick James. Once you calculated the word problem you get my situation.

Under the influence boredom, my work friends and I have gotten into some interesting, yet totally irrelevant conversations. A topic that frequently comes up is the, I can do such and such conversations. This conversation usually boils down to stupid human tricks. Sometimes you get some cool information like hey I could have gone to circus school, or I use to be a ballet teacher. I have no such cool talents or no such cool tricks. Because of this I like to play spoiler and mention things people can't do. Yes I'm a jerk. On one such occasion I mentioned that nobody could eat seven saltine crackers in a minute. I roll with a lot of type A males. This was taken as a challenge. Come on no way seven tiny little crackers can stop them.

Crackers three, humans zero.

9 comments:

Dan said...

I have done this. Next time you are around, I'll prove it. I swear, I have done it. Karen was there. Others too, but I don't remember who.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Dan while you have the most powerful liquid producing glands of anyone I know (is that a super power?.) seven is a hard number. I have eaten six before and that was on shear willpower. I would love to see the feet done, I'll keep my video camera warmed up.

Dan said...

Its not really the super power that I would choose.

But you go with what you got.

Anonymous said...

Wait, what are the ground rules? Do you have to eat them one at a time? Otherwise it sounds pretty easy. Maybe I just don't get it.

Dan said...

Though I have done it, it is in fact extremely difficult. The seven soda crackers completely dry out your mouth, without saliva it is incredibly hard to swallow the crackers. There in lies the challenge.

Anonymous said...

OK, I just did it. Dan's right; it is extremely difficult, but not impossible.

RealFruitBeverage said...

I find it sort of funny that I mention that type A males typically try this and low and behold. I've also noticed the most commented on blogs are those the channel the powerful bonding powers of male stupidity. Well birds of a feather. . .

The proof is in the visuals. I'll have to see it. It is also a lot dryer here so that may play part in our lack of sucess. I'd like to do a informal survey one day about how many crackers a person can eat. You'd probably get some extremely non useful information about people.

Mk said...

you never said I can't have a glass of water in front of me for saliva support....
I can give you plenty of tricks to fuck with their heads. Do you have an address there?

P.S. - won't see your response for 2 weeks. going to Burning Man

RealFruitBeverage said...

Mark you going to burning man just amplifies the geek factor on this blog. You will have to tell me how it goes. For some reason I think of Andy Warhol. Pre manufactured art for pre manufactured culture. I don't know how that relates in paticular, but I know some how it does.